December 2011 President’s Letter
Twice yearly, I send an update on the issues, opportunities, and happenings that have occurred at Questline during the past six months. I also try to provide a peek at our plans and deliverables for the coming year. With this letter, I hope not only to demonstrate Questline’s efforts, plans, and capabilities, but to also provide a broader understanding of the people, commitment, and goals of our company.
- Questline—Our “Official” Company Name. During 2011, we found that many of our clients were confused by our use of two company names. While most everyone knew us as “Questline,” the company’s official name was “Tech Resources, Incorporated.” To eliminate the confusion we are in the final stages of changing the company’s name to Questline. Although the official change should not require any administrative adjustments on your end, we believe it will provide a more clear and consistent brand for the company. Look for a formal announcement in early 2012.
- Questline’s Continued-Growth Strategy.For the ninth year in a row, Questline’s revenue base will grow. In fact, our preliminary data suggests that 2011 will show a 20% increase over 2010. This organically planned growth year-after-year is the result of the company’s simple, strategic goals:
- To work exclusively with energy utilities.
- To provide relevant, timely, customer-facing content in combination with the delivery of this content to your customers, partners, and employees. In short, to be theinteractive marketing/communication partner for our energy utility clients.
- Significantly expand the number of Questline products and services that support our client’s energy-efficiency and customer-satisfaction objectives.
- Measuring and Improving Client Satisfaction. Questline has recently begun a new initiative to better measure and continuously improve client satisfaction. Although client satisfaction and customer service have always been the primary focus of Questline, it is something we continuously strive to improve. To help Questline serve your needs better in the future, please take a few moments and respond to this brief Questline Client Questionnaire. Your feedback will help us direct further customer-service objectives to serve you better.
Questline is planning to incorporate many of the lessons learned from our client-satisfaction efforts to further improve our products and services. We also plan to provide our clients with additional quantitative energy efficiency and advanced reporting metrics in the second half of 2012 to further evaluate the success of our products and services in achieving your goals and objectives.
- After-Hours Email Alert Service. Because your communication needs do not always align with a nine-to-five, Monday through Friday schedule, Questline has added an after-hours, on-demandemail communication feature that will enable you to respond to your customers beyond traditional business hours. The After-Hours Email Alert service is designed to provide your customers with real-time storm-communication updates, regulatory updates, outage notifications, and more. This new service will complement Questline’s other interactive delivery services including:
- Basic nine-to-five email delivery /alert service
- Email preference-center and database-of-record platform services
- Email marketing automation services (triggered sends)
- Webinar content/delivery services
- Social media content services
- SMS/Text-Messaging delivery services
For more information about our new After-Hours Email Alert service features and applications, download our After Hours Email Alert service PDF.
- Expansion of Our In-house IT Staff and the Corresponding Products Developed in 2011.Questline significantly expanded its application development capabilities in 2011. In fact, over the past six months, we have launched a series of new Web-application tools and calculators for our clients. These include:
- Incentive/Payback Calculators. The first of these new Web-tools—available to all of our clients—includes a series of Incentive/Payback Calculators. These advanced calculators for lighting, VFD, and HVAC are being used by some of Questline’s existing clients to better explain and articulate the financial benefits of their energy-efficiency programs or incentives.
- EnergyTrac Advisor. The second product delivered in 2011 is our EnergyTrac Advisor. This service, based on a development partnership with National Grid, provides residential customers with a utility-integrated, energy conservation Web portal. The utility-customized and data-integrated Web portal helps customers identify and manage a series of appropriate energy-efficiency projects. It also includes an integrated behavior-based promotional campaign that educates, communicates, reinforces, and markets your energy-efficiency objectives.
- Future Application Developmental Projects. For 2012, Questline is evaluating several developmental projects including the development of an electric-car calculator and a more comprehensive online residential energy audit service (see Questline’s existing Home Energy Audit Tool). Given Questline’s significant expansion of development staff and a corresponding strategic goal to deliver custom applications for clients, do not hesitate to weigh in on the aforementioned plans or to share your energy company’s “wish list” with us.
All of us at Questline understand that you have entrusted us to help you develop and deliver your marketing and communication objectives. It is a responsibility that I believe we are uniquely qualified to deliver, given our expansive experience and expertise in the industry. I look forward to continuing our strategic communications and marketing partnership in 2012.
President, Questline, Inc.