Our Business Development Director will successfully expand Questline’s market position and further our financial growth. This person will establish and build new, and grow existing client relationships, identify business opportunities, and negotiate and close sales opportunities. He/she will work with internal teams to develop product solutions that speak to clients’ needs, concerns, and objectives, and position Questline for increased sales opportunities. The Business Development Director will be the owner of the sales relationships with a defined set of current clients, as well as prospects, accountable for maximizing sales.
|POSITION TITLE:||Business Development Director|
|STATUS:||Full-time, Exempt, Regular business hours|
|SUPERVISES:||no direct reports|
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES):
- Brings best sales practices to a growing sales organization and company, including:
- Finding potential new leads, presenting to them, converting them into clients, and continuing to grow business in the future.
- Critically thinking through all elements that must go into a proposal, and write error-free deliverables that can go to clients with minimal revision
- Presenting exceptionally well, whether in person, over the phone, engaging on social media, or through email.
- Using client understanding and a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately, and adapt approach to suit a particular target audience; responding to objections successfully.
- Understanding of (or capacity to understand) our different target client segments, from the large IOUs to the smaller cooperative utilities, as well the departments within, from marketing communications to customer service to energy efficiency teams, and be able to tailor solutions that meet clients’ individual needs, resulting in incremental sales for Questline.
- Ability to quickly learn Questine’s proprietary products and platforms, understand how they work, and be able to communicate how they deliver value to our clients.
- Highly motivated self-starter who has a strong entrepreneurial spirit and works well independently, with contributions and direction from leadership.
- Effective time management and organization skills, while thriving on variety and shifting directions seamlessly.
- Works well in a team-oriented environment, providing the proper information, feedback and support needed for others to do their jobs effectively, including providing the proper handoff to the Customer Service team, such that they can efficiently and successfully execute delivery of the product to the client.
- When challenges or concerns arise, consistently demonstrate the ability to successfully move into problem-solving mode.
- Pursue ongoing industry and functional classes or trainings to remain educated on what is important to utilities in the communications area.
- Work well with and demonstrate respect for colleagues at all levels and consistently contribute to a positive work environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Eight to ten years relevant experience in sales, preferably of communications services and/or in the utility industry.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office tools.
- CRM application experience with Salesforce is preferred.
The Business Development Director is chiefly accountable for the following:
- Enhance our relationships and expand business by turning current connections into new ones within our existing utility clients and cross-selling additional Questline products.
- Build new business with target propsects by researching, identifying decision makers, prospecting, qualifying, proposing and selling products.
- Expand and close business with a focus on Questline’s standardized products by being a solutions-oriented salesperson.
- Support the President’s relationship building and strategic sales efforts by being the hand-off person for final scoping of potential sales, including writing proposals.
- Develop an annual sales plan, build a pipeline to work that plan throughout the year, and regularly and accurately report to management, including ongoing forecasting.
- Manage all new sales fully through the contract process, utilizing Salesforce as our CRM tool.
- Represent Questline at tradeshows and use these opportunities to relationship build with current clients and connect with new client leads; get on meeting agendas and speak at Conferences; collect relevant market and competitive company and/or product intelligence toward keeping Questline informed in support of our staying competitive in the marketplace.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Questline does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters.
Questline uses insight and creativity to deliver compelling digital communications to the energy utility industry that enlighten, engage and educate. With 20+ years of experience and 450 client partners, we’ve become the nation’s premier creator, aggregator and analyst of energy utility customer communications content and behavioral analytics. Visit us: www.questline.com.