Without realizing it, there are many celebrities who are directly or indirectly related to the energy utility industry. From actors and musicians to movie directors, a wide range of famous people connected to this field are now lighting up the red carpet in more ways than one.
Here’s a look at some celebrities who got their start in the energy utility industry:
- Rowan Atkinson studied electrical engineering and received a master’s degree from Oxford College before the comedian became famous as Mr. Bean.
- George Harrison was an apprentice electrician for a Liverpool department store before he decided to pursue his music career full-time with The Beatles.
- Ashton Kutcher studied biochemical engineering before gaining fame in Hollywood on TV’s “That ’70s Show” and big-screen hits like “Dude, Where’s My Car?”
- Alfred Hitchcock was an apprentice electrician and worked in marketing for an electric supply distributor before becoming one of the most respected directors in film history.
- Elvis Presley worked as a truck driver for contracting firm Crown Electric before he stepped out of the cab and got on stage as the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll.
The road to fame is lined with skills and experience that can only be gained through the energy utility industry. Who knows who will be next to get their start in the industry before moving on to a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?