Your outage action plan for greater customer satisfaction
The right communications strategy can make sure that customers stay informed before, during and after severe weather. Questline’s Outage Communications solutions provide essential, time-sensitive messages to customers when they need it. Not only will you encourage safety and engagement, but you’ll also increase enrollment in your outage and storm-related programs.
Why Outage Communications work:
- The right outage communications strategy can help level-set customer expectations when the power goes out — and achieve long-term customer satisfaction.
- Energy utility customers expect proactive outage communications — including easy access to online resources and seasonal safety tips.
- Consistent outage communications help minimize call center volume while maximizing the distributionof information.
- Your energy utility has the opportunity to build trust and positive perceptions of your utility’s powerrestoration efforts.
Don’t leave your customers in the dark
Learn how Questline’s Outage Communications helps energy utilities improve long-term customer satisfaction.
In 2019, outage emails experienced the highest open rate in benchmark history at 31.8%. Outage restoration emails are most popular among residential and business customers with an open rate of 55.1% and a click-to-open rate of 31.8%. They have the highest open rate of all outage-related messages.
Outage Communications email campaigns
Storm Prep Series:
- A series of mobile-responsive, season-specific emails: One set offers warm-weather storm content and the other set is tailored to winter weather events.
- Both sets are easily customizable to your brand and designed to prominently promote key services, such as outage alerts and maps.
Storm Event Series:
- A series of mobile-responsive emails that guide customers through the outage and restoration process: (1) storms are imminent, (2) an outage has impacted their area, (3) power restoration efforts are underway and (4) power has been restored.
- Using timely, relevant content, emails can quickly be edited to provide location-specific outage updates.
Both series offer:
- Seamless implementation, deployment and analytics generation through our Engage™ platform.
- After-hours storm event services, available 8 a.m. to 12 a.m. EST, to ensure immediate communication with customers.
- Analytics and reporting are included with the purchase of each series.
Outage Communications social media content
Questline’s collection of social media content will prepare your customers for storm-related outages, answer their questions during the restoration process, and offer safety advice during the outage and when power is restored. These engaging, shareable social media posts are designed for mobile — so your customers can get the info they need on their smartphones when their computers and TVs are out. And by anticipating and answering common questions, you can prevent unnecessary phone calls to customer service lines.
The social media outage collection includes 8 animated videos and4 infographics, covering:
- Outage preparation
- Storm safety
- Downed line safety
- Lineworker safety
- Restoration process and timing
- Post-storm safety
Learn more about our Outage Communications solutions.
Submit the form below and Questline will be in touch soon.